Monday, October 19, 2009

Deseret Book Events. :)

Wow I haven't updated in soooooo long. Over the summer I was really on top of it but alas, school has started and Jarom and I have been so busy. But we still try to find time to have fun.

Over General Conference weekend Deseret Book put on a ladies night while all the men went off to priesthood. My mom and I went and it was a lot of fun. There was lots of women (obviously) so we saw a lot of people we knew. There was also Costco cake for dessert. YUM! The first 100 people got this great plaque that had Joseph B. Worthlins "Come what may and love it" saying on it.


Then we all put our names in for a raffle. They were giving away some great stuff. I really wanted Gerald N. Lunds new book but someone else got that. :( But after a while my name was called and when I went to go up she was handing out C.D's. I went to take a C.D but my mom went up to the lady and asked her if I could have another book called "Women in the Old Testament." It's a beautiful book and it was the next one in line. It was my second choice next to Elder Lunds book and I got.


The sweet lady swapped my C.D for this beautiful book. I was so happy and grateful to my mom for speaking up. It never hurts to ask!

The second Deseret Book event was Time Out For Women. I went with Alison Squire. It was a lot of fun. The speakers were amazing. It was very spiritually uplifting!





The opened up the men's bathroom for the women which was really good because there was only 1 stall in each bathroom so we had 2 stalls for about 1,000 women. What were they thinking?!

During the lunch break we went to Denny's. Alison got this amazing looking sandwich that I should have gotten but...I got the usual sampler. Chicken, mozzarella sticks, and french fries swimming in ranch! YUM

It was an amazing day and I'm so glad I got to go with Alison. Thanks Deseret Book for putting on these events! :)

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...