Friday, December 2, 2011

The Windy City...

At least it was 2 nights ago. I woke up at 12am to roaring wind outside. As soon I was awake enough to realize what was going on I ran to our balcony to find our Christmas ornaments on the ground, our mat flying around, and the chair moving towards the wall trying to find it's freedom. I quickly grabbed everything and threw it inside the house. Luckily our lights were ok but then I ran to the front to grab our wreath that was a few swings away from flying off the hook on our door and our table. I forgot our doormat which was laying at the bottom of our stairs the next morning. I then was awakened by the wind 2 more times at 1am and 3am. It was so loud and a little scary but also kind of fun.

The next day Jarom came home from work and said "have you been outside?" I hadn't because I had spent all day cleaning the house (it looks amazing by the way) and he insisted that we go out. So I grabbed my camera and we took a tour of the city devistation. Ready...

I guess the door wasn't closed all the way. It was ripped right off.


Someones fence. You can see part of it on the ground

Pulled up at the roots


The top of the tree is on the ground

Can you believe this? Did you notice the huge rock that was pulled up with everything else?! Jarom said on his way to work there were trees like this laying in the middle of the road and they were having to re-direct traffic. We saw at least 8 trees like this. Like the one below.

As you can see the top of the pulled up ground is next to the second story and that's only half of the tree.

I can't believe how windy it was. They said it got up to 70 mph. These trees that were being pulled up by the ground weren't little trees, these were big huge trees. It was a crazy night! 

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...