Monday, May 14, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

This was such a wonderful past few days. The last few weeks have been a tad overwhelming (understatement of the year) and I was really looking forward to these fun few days. First off was the taping of the Ellen show on Thursday. I got on the Mother's Day Show and we feel so blessed that I was chosen to be on. We received so many wonderful things that will help out so much!

Waiting in line to receive our real tickets.


Our tickets. Jarom just came to help out and was going to wait in the car but when we got to the front of the line they gave him a Riff Raff ticket (a lounge type room that connects off the taping room) and he got to watch the show with all the other dads. :]


They allowed us to take pics of the studio right at the beginning of the show.

Then the next day we had our doctors appt. and I thought I might have to fight them a little bit to see if we could find out what it is but she walked in, we talked a little about eating and my weight (I lost 3 lbs :[) and then she said "should we do an ultrasound and find out what it is." YAY! I was so happy. I love my OBGYN (and not just because she let me find out what it was.)

Jarom wanted a girl but felt like it was a boy. I wanted either one but felt like it was a girl. It is...


Pretty obvious. :] She hadn't said anything yet and I said "it looks like a boy to me." When I found out it was a boy all I could think of was "how am I suppose to raise a boy?" I guess I didn't realize how much I really thought it would be a girl (I guess I got a little attached to frilly cute clothes and headband flowers) but I know that we are suppose to have this spirit come to our family and he will be such a blessing to us! 


Waving to us. :] He was so bouncy. I didn't know if he would stop moving for us to get a good view. He seems very energetic. Except I have no idea how I am not feeling him. When I was looking at the screen all I could think was "is this a fake video that they turn on every time they check me" He was everywhere and I felt nothing. 

Then right at the end, after he had given us a show he kicked back and relaxed. I love this picture. That's his little leg on the right and he is just chillin. :]


Then we told our parents and went over to Rhonda's to see the Ellen show. I hadn't told anyone about our gifts so they found while watching the show. These are our gifts.


Plus an amazing stroller, Shutterfly gift card (to print pictures), and baby monitor. The 4th picture on the second row was suppose to be a picture of a necklace I got but it got cut off. I'm able to design my own necklace (baby initials, birthstone, etc.)

Then we had dinner together as a family. Saturday my mom, dad, Jarom, and I washed our cars. Then we relaxed and later Jarom and I went to our friends Haley and Justin's for dinner.

Sunday was mother's day. We woke up and went to church (with a beautiful corsage Lahren gave me for mother's day) then we came home and had another BBQ. Best mother's day dinner. Steak, salad, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yummy yummy yummy! We also talked to DALLEN! It was so fun. Plus he didn't know I was pregnant so we told him and he was so excited.

Jarom gave me the sweetest card (something about the amazing mother I would make :]) and it made my day.

It was the perfect mother's day and weekend. Friends, family, food, future baby, and amazing husband!

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...